This is the first of my New Moon Wellspring posts. I plan to write each new moon about the opportunities that lay before me. This will help me to be aware of these opportunities and to plan how I will take advantage of them rather than let them pass me by.
- I need to be more active! I have the time and the means to move my body: lift weights, do yoga, go for more walks, Sweat to the Oldies, hula hoop.
Action plan: I will work out at least 3 times per week.
- I need to eat more! I’ve gotten out of the habit of making sure I eat three meals a day that aren’t some combination of ice cream, granola bars, cereal, or oatmeal.
Action plan: Create a weekly menu, including easy lunches.
- I have several unfinished craft projects and creative hobbies I’ve been neglecting. Sewing, crocheting, piano, writing.
Action plan: Pick one of these and work on it for at least an hour a week. (Baby steps!)
- Tarot is a continuing opportunity to grow spiritually.
Action plan: Continue studying tarot daily, and keep practicing meditation (even if I’m not too good at it so far).
- Emotionally, I have the opportunity to grow closer with my family of choice.
Action plan: Don’t clam up when I get nervous. Make a conscious effort to open up and share my thoughts, emotions, and experiences. Put myself out there.
- Finishing my class this semester is an opportunity to grow intellectually.
Action plan: Do a better job of reading every day so that I don’t have to rush through the books the day before class. Then I can enjoy them more and absorb more of the information.